Coronavirus Update - 24.09.2020
Face coverings are required to be worn, by law, in all areas of the clubhouse.
Face coverings may be removed when drinking or dining in our lounge or spike bar when seated at a table.
There is no longer bar service, everyone must be seated at a table and a member of staff will approach you to take your order and payment.
Coronavirus Update - 08.08.2020
Face coverings are required to be worn within the corridors inside the clubhouse along with inside the Proshop.
Whilst in the bar, restaurant or terrace area you will not be required to wear a face covering.
We do however encourage you to wear them whilst apporaching the bar.
As measures have been put in place for protecting employees behind the Proshop desk, it is not mandatory for them to wear a face covering.
Coronavirus Update - 29.06.2020
Bar Facilities to open from Saturday 4th July 2020.
Opening times from 10:00am daily.
Kitchen will remain closed.
Children under the age of 16 are not permitted unless playing golf.
Coronavirus Update – 01.06.2020
Southern Valley Golf Course will allow bookings for up to four balls from separate households.
Single use buggy still applies.
We ask that all players continue to observe social distancing and the guidelines set out below while at Southern Valley to protect our staff and other golfers. If any golfer experiences any post-round health issues or COVID-19 related queries, you must call or email the golf club at the earliest possible opportunity.
Coronavirus Update – 14.05.2020
Southern Valley Golf Course will re-open for golf from Friday 22nd May 2020.
For the initial period following our re-opening; access to the course is limited to our staff, club members and visitors with a pre-booked tee time.
PRIOR TO BOOKING A TEE TIME; A PLAYER MUST:
• Not been out of the country within the last 14 days
• Not be in self-isolation
• Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms
TEE TIME BOOKINGS
• Booking a tee time in advance is COMPULSORY
• Visitors are asked to book and pre-pay online through our website
• There will be no concessions on greenfees at this time for juniors or seniors
• We require all visiting players to provide their full name and contact details to enable contact tracing
• Online bookings will be available from the morning of Friday 15th May; please note we will only be able to accept phone calls and bookings over the phone from Thursday 21st May
• Each player is required to have their own set of golf clubs/bags
• We will not accept any vouchers in exchange for greenfees at this time; if you need your voucher expiration date extending please email to arrange
• Any tee times reserved or society bookings have been released and will not be honoured at this time.
ARRIVAL TO THE CLUB
• Golfers should travel to the club alone; or with a member of the same household
• Ample car parking is available to ensure social distancing
• Arrival to the club no more than 30 minutes prior to your pre-booked tee time
• Changing rooms will not be available; please arrive in your golf attire and change footwear at your vehicle
CHECK-IN PRIOR TO TEE TIME
• It is compulsory for ALL players to check in at reception
• Report to reception no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your pre-booked tee time
• Only one person at a time is permitted within the clubhouse; please remain outside on the entrance ramp, observing social distancing, until clear to enter the building
• Within the reception, observing a two-metre exclusion zone at the desk, your scorecard will be provided as proof of payment for your round of golf
• Essential golfing items and refreshments will be available to purchase; card contactless payment will be only form of payment accepted, no cash will be accepted
• Golf clubs should remain in your vehicle until you are preparing to approach the 1st tee
• Toilets will be available for access only from the back door via the decking
• Bar area and function hall will remain closed
• Hand sanitisers are available throughout the areas of the building that are open
APPROACHING 1ST TEE
• All bookings to be made from 1st tee, you must play the course as it is set out, front nine to back nine, without jumping between holes
• Groups restricted to 2-balls at 10 minute intervals
• Approach the tee no more than 5 minutes prior to your allocated tee time; we ask that you remain at your vehicle, resisting the temptation to mingle prior to this
• We ask that you keep to your allocated tee time regardless if you feel it is clear to play to ensure the minimum 10 minute group spacing
GOLF BUGGIES/ TROLLIES
• Services such as golf buggies and trollies are available to hire for single-use only
• Players are permitted to bring their own single-use buggy
• Booking of such services is to be pre-booked and pre-paid with your tee time
• Only one player permitted to use the golf buggy unless proof can be provided that both players are from within the same household
• If anyone is found to not abide by the single use rule; the buggy will be taken and you will both be asked to leave the golf course
• After your round, the buggy is to be driven to your vehicle to pack away your golfing equipment before returning to the clubhouse. A designated area will be available for buggy and trolley returns in order for staff to appropriately sanitise and clean prior to the following day.
• Buggy keys are to be returned to reception following your round
ON THE COURSE
• Social distancing observed throughout, particularly on tees and greens; refrain from any handshakes and/or high fives
• Ball washers, bins and benches will all be out of use
• Bunker rakes removed, players to smooth sand with feet or back of club head
• Flags are to remain in the hole and must not be touched; hole cups will be modified for simple ball retrieval
• Pace of play is crucial to ensure adequate group spacing, refrain from searching for a lost ball for too long and you must not double back to play again if a ball is lost or unplayable
• Social golf only permitted, there will be no competitive golf; gimme’s are encouraged to speed up pace of play and reduce contact with flag poles
• Players must not pick up playing partner’s equipment or golf ball and food/drink must not be exchanged
AFTER YOUR ROUND
• Post round, players must vacate the 18th green as soon as play is completed, returning straight to their vehicle
• Shoe cleaner will not be available
• We ask that you leave once your round is complete; there is to be no socialising or congregating within the toilets or carpark
We ask that all players strictly observe social distancing while at Southern Valley to protect our staff and other golfers. If any golfer experiences any post-round health issues or COVID-19 related queries, you must call or email the golf club at the earliest possible opportunity.